Speculate Wildly About Enya

Enya is wondering who will be chosen to moderate the subreddit r/Enya next (and the next 'ask me anything' :disco:) and has vaguely thought about the possibility of an official Enya WhatsApp channel. ๐Ÿช„๐Ÿ’ฌ

Enya's waiting for her performance of So I Could Find My Way on Songs of Praise 2016 ๐Ÿ•ฏ (this) to reappear on YouTube. She likes the lighting of that one better than the official music video's. โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿช„

Enya is more inclined to dwell on the Grenfell anniversary, and catch up on the RTร‰ Stardust documentary ๐Ÿ˜Œ than watch the Euros match this evening. Fire means more than football to "little fire" Eithne.

On a lighthearted note, Enya cannot decide whether she likes Germany or Scotland more! :germany::scotland:

Her parents toured Glasgow, but the only time (haha) I've known about Enya being in Scotland was for her I Want Tomorrow music video. More fire references.. ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Last edited:
Enya is going to have a new song following the wording "The [_] of the [_]". Something fire-related too. The Glow of the Flame perhaps? :disco:๐Ÿ•ฏ

Enya is watching Saturday Kitchen and wondering whether Michelle Collins will get food heaven or hell (though both dishes seem nice!) :laugh:

The thought of a collaboration with Penneys (Primark) has crossed her mind โ€“ could be interesting with two Irish icons :disco: :ireland: โœจ๏ธ)
It'd be a little closer to the style of Paula Echevarrรญa than Rita Ora.

About the latter, Enya's kind of disappointed about who's replacing her on The Masked Singer panel. ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Enya's favourite commonly misheard lyrics of her songs are "save a whale" (sail away; Orinoco Flow) and "emotion on the ocean" (in motion on the ocean; Anywhere Is). ๐Ÿซ‚๐Ÿณ๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŽถ

Enya bought flowers and wrote some notes for her late father and grandfathers, for Father's Day. ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’• They have all inspired Enya in some way to persevere and keep going in her own career, sharing the gift of music until the end. ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ’ญ

Though it's lovely to hear, Enya thinks it's rather 'meh' that posts about playing Enya to their kids garners a lot of love, whereas odd but creative individuals presenting ideas get relatively little.
"Society needs... a little rewiring" Enya says.
:enya:
Enya is drawn to social commentary songs, but is hesitant about recording a definite one of her own. ๐Ÿ’ก

Though it's lovely to hear, Enya thinks it's rather 'meh' that posts about playing Enya to their kids garners a lot of love, whereas odd but creative individuals presenting ideas get relatively little.
Because one of those things is more relevant to more people than the other? I've never heard of Geronimo Stilton and I'm probably not alone. I'm presuming the illustrations that were posted don't mean much unless one is familiar with the original work.

I've never heard of Geronimo Stilton and I'm probably not alone. I'm presuming the illustrations that were posted don't mean much unless one is familiar with the original work.
I wasn't familiar with Geronimo at all before the recent posts (just thought he looks like :basil:) but I quickly got on board. :)

When I got into Enya I was not familiar; Only Time meant something to me from the very first time I listened. โ™ก

Enya, Nicky and Roma are anticipating a plethora of 5 star reviews for Aigle Studio on Google once the new Enya album is released. :disco:
Best reviewers will be in with a chance of actually visiting and recording a song there. โœจ๏ธ๐ŸŽ™๐ŸŽถ

Enya's kind of watching Austria v France โšฝ and liked the own goal. :D

Her thoughts turn to muses from said countries... favourite Austrian is Elisabeth Lederer
๐Ÿ’™
Fsaa_CBXgAIDnur
Fsaa_M-XgAMvtS5

I wish there were some real photos of her too; from artwork she certainly does look like a preceding Enya. ๐Ÿ’•

Favourite famous Frenchwoman is trickier to choose... actresses Juliette Binoche or Isabelle Huppert :disco:

Enya finds it a bit rude that people's reason for disliking Long Long Journey is for a 'lack of maturity' compared to other Amarantine tracks...
because Adam Young liked it? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคจ

She secretly wishes them 'two journeys' - an dรก thuras ort!

:laugh:

Enya had a listen to random football anthems recently (still waiting to see if an Enya song gets there :D )
and of course, that included Carnaval de Paris, remembering Dario G's Paul Spencer. :(๐Ÿ’ญ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ•Š

Reminds me of this ๐Ÿ˜…
I used to be :o about this, now fine haha.

Her understanding of asexuality was poor, and last statement put me off watching TOTP for a bit ๐Ÿ™ˆ but Moopy is on a similar level :D
Libidoist ace, mind

Last edited:
Enya guesses that she will be speaking to Naga Munchetty and Charlie Stayt on BBC Breakfast in a few months' time :laugh:
She won't be singing quite as powerfully as the woman who's going to play Janis Joplin (nor Laura Branigan who played her at some point) but there's a teeny chance of some singing from Enya. ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŽถ

Enya got another honorary doctorate a month or so later :) ๐ŸŒŸ
and disneyteletubby intends to be at that university in late 2025
Ulster University in Northern Ireland, Magee Campus too.
Archive link
Not definite that I'm going, but hopefully! โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿฉบ
now that she has bid farewell to her previous uni earlier on (besides graduation in November). ๐ŸŽ“โœจ๏ธ

I'll be a bit like Enya in these (and the pose) โ™ก :grin:
Enya Ulster University formal picture
Enya Galway University picture pointing up at hat

Last edited:
Enya, Nicky and Roma are anticipating a plethora of 5 star reviews for Aigle Studio on Google once the new Enya album is released. :disco:
Best reviewers will be in with a chance of actually visiting and recording a song there. โœจ๏ธ๐ŸŽ™๐ŸŽถ

Only one Google review so far...get on it, TR!

Bonus: https://www.yelp.com/biz/aigle-music-killiney

*Wonders if TR will call the number on the Yelp page*

I guess I'm SOL, then. But I'm probably persona non grata anyway. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Haha yes I saw this page and your review, similar to that Google one. :D
call the number on the Yelp page*
Ah my goodness I hadn't thought to do that ๐Ÿ˜… but I'm reluctant to make phone calls anyway. ๐Ÿ“ž
I'd cost 19 pence per minute for me to call a number in the Republic of Ireland. โ˜บ๏ธ
I guess I'm SOL, then. But I'm probably persona non grata anyway. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
I had to search up both the acronym and the Latin phrase (I'd heard of it though) :D
I reckon the trio would still appreciate you more than the 'oh my, Enya's an angel from another planet, sent from God to bless mortals' type. ๐Ÿ˜†
Plus the huge trove that you've compiled :disco:

Has anyone (a single fan, rather than a media or group request) sent a letter and received a reply that you know of? :)

:kim:

Disneyteletubby is and has always been โ™€๏ธ
But I like blue ๐Ÿฉต better than pink (aside from Princess Aurora's dress) :disco:
da432be80ba90439d2bdf5421ebeecba.gif

Plus I hadn't even started school when Top of the Pops finished ๐Ÿ˜…

Back to Enya...

Enya's last music record gifted to her in the 20th century (in 1999) was Sweet Like Chocolate :disco:๐Ÿซ!

It reminded her ever so slightly of a childhood memory, when she did enjoy some boy gifting her chocolates :grin:

Enya sweet like chocolate ;).jpg

From this 100q interview in Japan, 2007
Enya sweet like chocolate ;) translated.jpg

:laugh:

I heard this song on Hits Radio a few days ago and though it sounded interesting. โ˜†

I'd cost 19 pence per minute for me to call a number in the Republic of Ireland. โ˜บ๏ธ
19 pence, OMG!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
/s
Plus the huge trove that you've compiled :disco:
They might not appreciate everything I've dug up (and compiled). ๐Ÿ˜ˆ They should be like Barbra Streisand, who employs her own archivist, dammit!

Has anyone (a single fan, rather than a media or group request) sent a letter and received a reply that you know of? :)
I don't know of "regular" fans who sent a letter then got a reply. I've seen one or two claims of such things, but they appeared suspect. They haven't seemed interested in communicating with fans who are not in the music business, media, etc.

Over the years, some fans (e.g., Irene Zaino, Peter Pehrson, John Eckroth, Nigel Sellens, etc., etc.) did get drawn into the trio's orbit. Thus they had direct or at least semi-direct contact, but didn't seem to provide the rest of us much information... Their time in the sun never seemed to last very long, however. Except for Nigel...his tenure as a mod/admin on Unity lasted about 15 years (until the forum closed).

Enya kind of wishes her "we will meet again soon" message (A Box of Dreams liner note last year) was in Loxian, then no-one would be pointing out this soon was rather late. ๐Ÿ˜…

But there needn't be further complaints when she does come back soon, later this year ๐Ÿค—

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom