Joanne Rowling and other TERFs

I've been thinking of starting a topic forming a list of who and who isn't pro or anti trans. This topic serves a purpose, but I feel I need a quick reference point.

Wow that’s so tone deaf. She literally put out a tweet calling a transgender woman a man and referring to her with the wrong pronouns, and they’re calling it “nuanced”

OK. Let’s see how that goes when she’s back in the spotlight and attending red carpets.

5j8e2jtz3v4d1.png

Lesbian kisses are only allowed when this near-60 heterosexual woman who took her husband's name upon marrying grants a permit.

the eradication of women's sports :D they are in grave peril to be sure

5j8e2jtz3v4d1.png

Lesbian kisses are only allowed when this near-60 heterosexual woman who took her husband's name upon marrying grants a permit.

Yet another reason why I've Had It is one of the best podcasts around. I am here for Jessica and Pumps to drive JK off social media forever.

the eradication of women's sports :D they are in grave peril to be sure

Women’s sports is something they bang on about loads but sincerely - they don’t actually give a fuck. JKR was banging on about a trans woman being appointed in a “cushy” coaching job for Sutton United Women, despite them playing in the FIFTH TIER of English women’s football and the role probably being unpaid. JKR seemingly totally oblivious that multiple teams in the top tier of women’s football have actual men (!) as managers - she knows absolutely nothing about it and assumed that all managers in the women’s game must also be women.

Women’s sports is something they bang on about loads but sincerely - they don’t actually give a fuck.

And there's also NOTHING HAPPENING on that front. At least not in the way they frame it. Same with Martina Navratilova and Judy Murray constantly piping up or agreeing with transphobic bullshit. They like to paint it as if transwomen in particular are endangering the integrity of sports/women's sports and THEY'RE NOT. There hasn't been as much as a feather in the coal mine, let alone a canary.

Maybe channel that energy towards male athletes with actual domestic violence allegations and the lack of credible policies if you want to protect the integrity of your sport. Cause there's a whole flock of them flying about.

Last edited:
And there's also NOTHING HAPPENING on that front. At least not in the way they frame it. Same with Martina Navratilova and Judy Murray constantly piping up or agreeing with transphobic bullshit. They like to paint it as if transwomen in particular are endangering the integrity of sports/women's sports and THEY'RE NOT. There hasn't been as much as a canary in the coal mine, let alone a feather.

Maybe channel that energy towards male athletes with actual domestic violence allegations and the lack of credible policies if you want to protect the integrity of your sport. Cause there's a whole flock of them flying about.
Absolutely this.

Some might think that Joanne travelling off the coast of South Carolina in a $150 million yacht would mean that she was finally doing something other than spending every waking hour coping and seething on Twitter...they'd be wrong.

Oh not May, I was liking him :(

Hopefully it's just a badly thought out comment.
Taken in context of other comments he’s made, I’m willing to give him benefit of the doubt on this one.

But then look where that’s got us in the past… :eyes:

Come on Joanne he's on record saying women have vaginas and men have penises very very recently. Just because he respects the notion of gender and not being a twat to trans people doesn't mean he's not sympathetic to your sex biology arguments.

I just wish the papers would stop reporting everything she says as if it constitutes 'news'. I;d expected a lot more terfy shit in this campaign but maybe the plan was always to keep it until late on and just go nuts with scare stories for the last 10 days.

I thought Labour's response to this was pretty good and dismissive of her:

"Keir was right to say that the discussion around these issues can become too polarised. After years of division under the Conservatives, Labour will bring the country together and ensure that everyone is treated with dignity and respect."

The Labour Party

That's now Mel C and Emma to mark themselves as safe from TERFdom, right?

Any of the others? Geru and Mel B concern me the most (AS PER)

I think it is rumoured that Emma has a trans child and is supportive etc etc - TERFs were going after her recently on Twitter.

I’d say “take to Mumsnet for advice and become the type of person that family and friends increasingly cannot stand to be around.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom