Can we get a list of who is a TERF and who is a trans ally?

Kelly Clarkson has had trans celebrities and performers on her show and has giving a platform for conversation about the topic in a positive way.

Andrew Garfield and LeAnn Rimes are strong allies.

Sheryl Crow and Zach Bryan allies. Called out country music TERFs last year.

Dreading discovering a personal fave will be on the wrong side of history. DON'T LET ME DOWN CHEEKY GIRLS.

This makes for quite a WHOLESOME read - I think it's the names like John Leguizamo that I'm enjoying most; randoms who could have just stayed silent but have done something to put them firmly in the ally column. Makes me realise that not everyone is a steaming great cunt.

Most people aren't pricks, it's just that the pricks make all the noise and they are very hard to drown out.
The above list is quite revealing! I didn't really have a sense of it, so it does make me feel slightly better about the world.

Jamelia sadly ANTI-TRANS

Girl - as if your entire income isn't coming from performing at regional Pride events! Get over yourself.

I think we definitely need a 'maybe' list for the likes of Alison Moyet. Robert Webb is another who said stuff a few years back but has gone quiet. I don't really want to label based on shit people said five years ago.

Reactions: GNL
Also Lorraine Kelly - an ally. She had a great, empathetic interview with a trans actor from one of the soaps on her show recently.

Girl - as if your entire income isn't coming from performing at regional Pride events! Get over yourself.

I think we definitely need a 'maybe' list for the likes of Alison Moyet. Robert Webb is another who said stuff a few years back but has gone quiet. I don't really want to label based on shit people said five years ago.
I'll add Macy Gray and Margaret Atwood to that list.

I think we can add Caitlyn Jenner (:manson:) to the TERF list.

it's not really icky because nobody knew. she stopped promoting the Freak Me Now remix immediately so clearly she and her team were on it.

Exactly my take on it as well, they were really rather quick to distance themselves from Roisin and Jessie has been quite vocal in terms of "no LGB without the T".

Robert Webb is another who said stuff a few years back but has gone quiet. I don't really want to label based on shit people said five years ago.
Webb's only gone quiet because the work was drying up, which it has continued to do.

Webb's only gone quiet because the work was drying up, which it has continued to do.
But for some, they seem to become more vocal when the work dries up and they have nothing else to make them believe they still have relevance.

But for some, they seem to become more vocal when the work dries up and they have nothing else to make them believe they still have relevance.

They’re the worst. Careers maintained by shitty guest spots on chat shows and podcasts for clicks and comments

I know he's normally PERSONA NON GRATA

But James Corden ALLY.

Made a public spectacle calling out Trump when the latter tried to ban trans from the military.

Arse.

I remember a couple of years back her posting some questionable stuff, but then I thought someone else here had said that she had kind of exonerated herself with a further statement.

Then I remember her posting something about people complaining who she follows, and it seemed pretty clear what it was referring to.

Since she returned to social media I hadn't seen her post anything which gave me cause for concern. But I haven't been paying close attention, and certainly not to any interaction with Dreyfus as I have him on mute.

Disappointing. I thought that The Rarest Birds was (at least in part) a tribute to trans people but that goes back a few years now.

Sporty Spice of course :disco:

Mel-C2.jpg
Is anyone else slightly worried about Geru?

Is anyone else slightly worried about Geru?

Unsurprisingly, neither Geru nor Victoria have been vocal about this (individually), however, there's plenty of proof from the other 3.

Back in 2019 during their last tour, there were statements and comments under the band's name, Geru included.

For completeness as we have the other 3 on there, I think we can put Kelle Bryan in the ally category surely?

Also for completeness re: The SG, can we please add Melanie B?
Brown also talked fondly about her diverse fanbase, telling Attitude that the crowds at her book signings consist of “such an array of people: old, young, gay, trans, multicultural, multiracial, multisexual.” “It was an eye-opener,” she said, adding that domestic abuse is “not discussed enough [in] the LGBTQ+ community because so many other issues take the forefront.”

One of those issues, especially in the U.K., is widespread TERFery especially aimed toward trans children. Though she didn’t explicitly reference that phenomenon, Brown shared her own nonchalant attitude toward her own children’s identities.

“I’ve always said, ‘You are who you are. I don’t care what you identify as. I’m going to love you anyway because you were for nine months in my tummy,’” she told Attitude. “I don’t have those old-fashioned ways of thinking. I’m not tarnished with that.”

Scary Spice isn’t the only member of the iconic girl group combating outdated attitudes toward gender. Emma Bunton, a.k.a. Baby Spice, posted a graphic to her Instagram account last year vowing to protect trans kids.

But for balance, Judith Butler has been very outspoken against the ~gender critical~ movement.
Yes! I spent far too long trying to recall her name, despite referencing her multiple times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom