Can we get a list of who is a TERF and who is a trans ally?

Pronouns
He/Him
The world is so confusing these days, so it would be nice to know who I need to dislike and like based on their views on trans people.

A few to start:

TRANS ALLIES :RavenQueen:

Alison Hammond
Alanis Morissette
Andrew Garfield
Annette Benning
Ariana Grande
Bebe Neuwirth
Beverley Knight
Beyonce
Carly Rae Jepson
Charli XCX
Charlize Theron
Charlotte Church
Cher
Colin Mochrie
Cyndi Lauper
Daniel Radcliffe
Dannii Minogue
David Tennant
Dawn Butler
Dolly Parton
Don Cheadle
Emma Bunton
Emma Kennedy
Emma Watson
Gabrielle Union
Garth Brooks
Harry Styles
Hayley Williams
Hozier
Ian McKellen
Jade Thirlwall
Jameela Jamil
Jamie Lee Curtis
Jane Fonda
John Leguizamo
Jennifer Nettles
Jessie Ware
Judith Butler
Katherine Ryan
Kathy Burke
Kelly Clarkson
Kelly Rowland
Kerry Washington
Labi Siffri
Lady Gaga
LeAnn Rimes
Lizzo
Lorraine Kelly
Louise Redknapp
Lucy Beaumont
Lucy Lawless
Lynda Carter
Madonna
Marlon Wayans
Melanie B
Melanie C
Michelle Visage
Miley Cyrus
Miriam Margolyes
Naomi Watts
Neil Young
Nichola Coughlan
Nigella Lawson
Nick Offerman
Olivia Colman
Paloma Faith
Patricia Arquette
Phoebe Bridgers
Pink
Riz Ahmed
Sade
Sara Bareilles
Sheryl Crow
Sigourney Weaver
Sleaford Mods
Stephen King
Steps
Sylvester McCoy
Tegan and Sara
Theresa May
Tinashe
Victoria Coren Mitchell
Waren Beatty
Will Ferrell
Zach Bryan

TERFS :MaryamMiddleFinger:

Caitlyn Jenner
Dave Chappelle
Easther and Vernie Bennett
Frances Barber
Germaine Greer
Graham Linehan
Helena Bonham Carter
Jamelia
James Dreyfuss
JK Rowling
Johnny Greenwood
Martina Navratilova
Richard Dawkins
Ricky Gervais
Roisin Murphy
Sharron Davies

Possible:

Alison Moyet
Bette Midler
Emily Maitlis
Jo Brand
Macy Gray
Margaret Atwood
Robert Webb

Last edited:
Is Roisin Murphy a TERF or just like most of the country, a bit ignorant?

She at least apologised and left it alone once she realised she was out of her depth.

I'm not defending her, I just think it undermines people like JOANNE when she's put in the same list.

The Eternal sisters on the other hand. They cancelled gigs because they didn't want to be associated with trans allyship. So they can definitely go in the bin.

Is Roisin Murphy a TERF or just like most of the country, a bit ignorant?
there were numerous suspect things like an account she followed with, like, 200 followers, that was suspected of being her own burner account, and either way was sharing some proper full on terfy shit - so if it wasn't her, her following it was pretty much a confirmation nonetheless.

also her apology was basically sorry I got caught, I won't speak on the topic again and I'm not interested in engaging - not sorry for being uneducated and I'll do better.

Sporty Spice of course :disco:

Mel-C2.jpg

I’d err on the side of Alison Moyet being a wrong ‘un. She has said TERF shit in the past that subsequently backpedaled on - she now doesn’t seem to tweet about it but still follows a whole bunch of people who are literally only known for being TERFs. In recent days she has been interacting with James Dreyfus (of Gimme Gimme Gimme fame) who is also sadly a massive TERF and still posts about it constantly.

James Dreyfus does have some serious LGB Alliance vibes

Oh speaking of which - Kathy Burke, ally.

I’d err on the side of Alison Moyet being a wrong ‘un. She has said TERF shit in the past that subsequently backpedaled on - she now doesn’t seem to tweet about it but still follows a whole bunch of people who are literally only known for being TERFs. In recent days she has been interacting with James Dreyfus (of Gimme Gimme Gimme fame) who is also sadly a massive TERF and still posts about it constantly.
Arse.

I remember a couple of years back her posting some questionable stuff, but then I thought someone else here had said that she had kind of exonerated herself with a further statement.

Then I remember her posting something about people complaining who she follows, and it seemed pretty clear what it was referring to.

Since she returned to social media I hadn't seen her post anything which gave me cause for concern. But I haven't been paying close attention, and certainly not to any interaction with Dreyfus as I have him on mute.

I've put Alison Moyet under debatable, although with regret I'm veering towards TERF.

Wait, what has Martina Navratilova done? Not a fan anyway (Team Steffi and Chrissie all the way) but isn't she quite vocal in her support for LGBT rights? Pretty sure she played doubles with Renee Richards back in the day as well.

ETA: Nm, Google is my friend. Yeesh. I always thought she was an ASSHAT anyway.

Wait, what has Martina Navratilova done? Not a fan anyway (Team Steffi and Chrissie all the way) but isn't she quite vocal in her support for LGBT rights? Pretty sure she played doubles with Renee Richards back in the day as well.

ETA: Nm, Google is my friend. Yeesh. I always thought she was an ASSHAT anyway.

LOL! Martina is the TERFiest of them all. They all start as “protect women’s sport” and then get emboldened by the support they receive to just be transphobic cunts. See also the leading athletics voice on the subject, the less famous, but just as foul, Mara Yamauchi.

Steps to the ally list, please. Obvious but they made such impassioned statements at Brighton Pride last year.

Jonny Greenwood - Terf
Sleaford Mods - Ally

The Mods have been trans rights for ages; they handed over their Twitter and Instagram to a trans man for him to post to their fans.

Probably goes without saying but Cyndi Lauper is a very prominent trans ally.

Anyway, some thoughts

The QUEEN herself Sade has a trans son, so one can easily assume she is an ally. I’d get her on the list.

Emma Watson has been vocal and is an ally.

Harry Styles is an ally and is often seen waving the trans flag during concerts.

Helena Bonham Carter is a TERF and needs to be on that list immediately. Suggested calling JK a terf is a “horrendous load of bollocks” and sympathises constantly.

it's not really icky because nobody knew. she stopped promoting the Freak Me Now remix immediately so clearly she and her team were on it.
That’s fair, I genuinely didn’t know the background.

Lady Gaga is obviously an ally but I feel like this one probably goes without saying.

Helena Bonham Carter is a TERF and needs to be on that list immediately. Suggested calling JK a terf is a “horrendous load of bollocks” and sympathises constantly.
isn't she anti-woke and anti-cancel culture rather than actively terfy? I have a feeling she knows fuck all about why JK is considered a terf and just wants to rail against cancel culture more generally. so unless I've missed something she's more in John Cleese territory than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom