TV Ratings 2024

Do you have every week logged into an Excel workbook? Would be interesting to put it into chatgpt and see what analysis and trends it can find.
Of course I don't. I shall do it with parchment, quill and abacus.

I would say this series of BGT felt, anecdotally, like a solid, if unremarkable one akin to The Apprentice. If they can find something that just settles into a pattern of pulling in 5 - 6 million viewers, that will do for ITV (it also benefitted the soaps having them back in their traditional 30-minute slots, which should certainly be something for them to think on).

I'm pretty sure I'd read that because they won't have Saturday Night Takeaway next year, ITV's current plan is to stretch BGT across those weeks as well. Rather than do more auditions, though, the obvious move would be to stretch the semis across five weeks instead of one.

June 3 - 9

01 Sunak v Starmer: The ITV Debate 5.370m
02 Have I Got News For You 4.515m
03 The Great British Sewing Bee 4.439m
04 Coronation Street 4.403m
05 Emmerdale 3.847m
06 Doctor Who 3.521m
07 EastEnders 3.356m
08 Election 2024 3.246m
09 BBC News at Six 3.223m
10 Antiques Roadshow 3.115m
11 International Football: England vs Bosnia and Herzegovina 3.035m
12 Casualty 3.013n
13 Soccer Aid for UNICEF 2.982m
14 Celebrity Gogglebox 2.943m
15 International Football: England vs Iceland 2.836m
16 BBC Weekend News 2.787m
17 Countryfile 2.778m
18 Michael McIntyre's The Wheel 2.680m
19 BBC News at Ten 2.659m
20 Film: Darkest Hour 2.483m

Not all episodes of Love Island featured in the top 50 shows, and then there was the simulcast on ITV1 and 2 to consider as well, which I'll do a little later as busy now. I think it's likely it will sneak into the bottom of the chart, though.

Not all episodes of Love Island featured in the top 50 shows, and then there was the simulcast on ITV1 and 2 to consider as well, which I'll do a little later as busy now. I think it's likely it will sneak into the bottom of the chart, though.

All episodes of Love Island did make the top 50 except the launch show - no doubt because that was split between ITV1 and ITV2. Unfortunately Thinkbox (which breaks commercial stations by station) hasn't updated yet, so I can't make an estimate based on the info yet.

Without that launch episode, it has an average of 2.497m, so presumably the average with it will be a little higher than that.

Realised today I didn't do last week - I think it was a couple of days late. I originally checked but then forgot all about it. Probably wouldn't have got away with it if @Rita was around. Where IS she?

Realised today I didn't do last week - I think it was a couple of days late. I originally checked but then forgot all about it. Probably wouldn't have got away with it if @Rita was around. Where IS she?
She’s been away for 3 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom