Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso / Please x3 / Short n Sweet (album)

i would guess instant grat track this fri and a proper second single later in summer when Espresso cools a bit - they're in the dream position right now

Sounds promising but seems a bit of a rush given that “Espresso”, and even “Feather”, are still smashing.

Especially with a video. I’d have thought maybe they’d wait until late July for any new full single but I guess they are striking while the iron is hot instead?

"Short 'n' Sweet" is quite a funny title given that she's 4ft 11.

Espresso is likely to hit ACR in a couple of weeks so the timing is probably pretty good

For the UK, but the US will be the biggest factor and it’s still growing well there and will be for a month or two at least.

True, but although it's released today it probably won't be sent to US radio for weeks (if at all)

I really like Please x3

Barry Keoghan looks good in the video too :disco:

It’s the Kacey musgraves song I’ve waited for since Golden Hour

It's a Jack Antonoff production. She's done something similar before though with "Bad for Business", which was one of the highlights off her last album.

this goes in many different directions and they ALL WORK - not sure it's gonna smash but it's a really good song that should build more hype for the album

Yeah pretty top notch. A good tester, though hoping there’s one more slightly ‘bigger’ one to launch the album with in 7 weeks or whenever.

Whatever devil's inside you, don't let him out tonight
I tell them it's just your culture and everyone rolls their eyes

Oh Sabrina, not Irish-shaming.

A slight increase this weeks means it looks like she has avoided ACR, that I think would’ve kicked in the week after next? Should at least see another three weeks top three for it :disco:

I forget how the increase to delay ACR works. Is it a total units increase, or just sales or streams?

I think it’s streams only…but somehow related to the market?!

Buzzjack think she’s avoided it so I’ll assume they are correct.

I thought the market business was only for a reset. But WHO KNOWS?! :D

I thought the market business was only for a reset. But WHO KNOWS?! :D

I think the market might be once you are on ACR. Before that point you get saved so long as you increase at all stream wise?

Very simple to understand :D

First I'm working late cause I'm a singer now I heard you're an actor so act like a stand up guy

I really like this, I think the production is lovely. A glittering very soft country bop.

It's just really well crafted pop that makes you pay attention. The little lyrical and delivery flourishes do help this (and Espresso) stand out. It could so easily be cringy but it's quirky and smart.

the second verse is excellent. the little vocal flourishes and intonations she does are really charming

To me it’s still all about this bit;

If you wanna go and be stu-pid
Don't do it in front of MEEE
If you don't wanna cry to my music
Don't make me hate you, proliiificallyyyyyy
Please, please, PLEASE

It's just really well crafted pop that makes you pay attention. The little lyrical and delivery flourishes do help this (and Espresso) stand out. It could so easily be cringy but it's quirky and smart.

She has hit a home run recently and I’m here for it :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom