Katy Perry ★ Woman's World (July 11) + album 6

Can Katy turn things around and snatch a hit?

• yes, unconditionally

• sure, it's never really over

• maybe, by the grace of god

• potentially, she's a dark horse

• probably not (self-inflicted)

• no, now she's just a ghost

Results are only viewable after voting.
fb6f1cb69f15156364785a54c51f142b.jpg

I was quite keen for her comeback to go well in a services to 2010s pop music kind of way, but I'm now convinced that her instincts have utterly disappeared. It's over.

I've decided to make up a rumour that the full track features a spoken word intro from Hillary to entertain myself instead.

This is on the usual website that all the leaks appear on. It’s in total potato quality and it’s basic as fuck, dated but still kinda fun. It could get away with being an Ava song but I have no idea why Katy decided to go with it.

Which one is worse having your first single off a new album being an Ava Max reject or it being produced by Dr Puke?

Genius.com confirms that Katy Perry's upcoming comeback single ("Woman's World") was produced by Cirkut and Dr. Luke.

The song was originally co-written and recorded by Ava Max for her second album, before ultimately being cut and passed off to Perry.

Rumors of Katheryn reuniting with Dr. Luke were previously reported.

The song has allegedly already leaked as well as a "leaked" tracklist for her sixth album, according to Reddit:

1718664320428.png

Should I be mad at Ava for working with the dark side? Or did she even have a choice?

well, to be fair Ava MAx just doesn't have the star power (or connections) to push for whoever she wants to work with, and perhaps her team and the label might force her to work with names and people who have a history of certified hits to at least score SOMETHING.

Katy on the other hand, has access and is more of an established act and, we all know she's desperate at this stage after a string of misses for a big single let alone a streaming hit yet she goes and chooses HIM deliberately? I'm sorry but she deserves all the bullying she can get. She's so out of touch and can't read a room, not to mention the whole aesthetic is 10 years too late; she truly is the Internet Explorer of Pop!

and it's not like it's a great song to begin with; Katy singing generic lyrics and shoehorning adjectives does not a good song make.

Should I be mad at Ava for working with the dark side? Or did she even have a choice?
Ava didn’t work with Dr Luke. She worked with Cirkuit on the track but ultimately it didn’t get released. Then Dr Luke worked on Katy’s version of the song.

Anyway, I'm shocked that the Ur So Gay singer can have such a lack of class and judgement.

Anyway, I'm shocked that the Ur So Gay singer can have such a lack of class and judgement.

I thought she'd be more self-aware nowadays but this reeks of contractual obligations + fear of being sued by the Doctor himself who has proven to be a piece of shit for years now.

It's strange how Katy only distanced herself from him but never acknowledged/expressed anything publicly like P!nk, Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, and for obvious reasons Kesha did.

It's strange how Katy only distanced herself from him but never acknowledged/expressed anything publicly like P!nk, Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, and for obvious reasons Kesha did.
by all accounts she is actually on good terms with Luke and always has been, she's friends with his wife, and she's clearly chosen to believe him and not kesha. that's terrible judgment. but there are no contractual obligations, she's not and has never been signed to his label or publishing. she just likes him.

it's all even more idiotic because he's barely scored a proper hit for years now aside from Need to Know by Doja (2021). his recent work is largely with Kim and most of it sucks. just get your hit from Max Martin / Jack Antonoff / Calvin Harris or whoever else can reliably deliver a synthpop song. so stupid.

by all accounts she is actually on good terms with Luke and always has been, she's friends with his wife, and she's clearly chosen to believe him and not kesha. that's terrible judgment. but there are no contractual obligations, she's not and has never been signed to his label or publishing. she just likes him.

It is a terrible judgment on my end, however, I had read this before I commented and I apologize for not including a source. She is, after all, a businesswoman and God knows you have to hustle in these trying times if you work in the music industry.

Super Freaky Girl and Kiss Me More were from 2022; in 2023 he worked on Nicki's PF2.

Last edited:
Oh I used the word "judgement" sarcastically. She has a handful of songs that may live on, but she's a placeholder popstar at best.

It is a terrible judgment on my end, however, I had read this before I commented and I apologize for not including a source. She is, after all, a businesswoman and God knows you have to hustle in these trying times if you work in the music industry.

Super Freaky Girl and Kiss Me More were from 2022; in 2023 he worked on Nicki's PF2.

I believe she said in court that she's never had a contract with Luke. She's not on his record label or under his publishing company. I think this is just a story that her fans have cooked up for damage control.

I believe she said in court that she's never had a contract with Luke. She's not on his record label or under his publishing company. I think this is just a story that her fans have cooked up for damage control.
Correct

I love how we're all using TWITTER-X as a source for receipts, it brings everyone together. fuck u Elon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom