Girls Aloud NOT ON TOUR NOW

Now if that footage had only included the moment of vom impact then that concert Karen may have just down in history.

I was just speaking to Miranda. She went last night and is going again tonight! She loved it 🥰

• Love
Reactions: dUb
The album tracks had everyone bolting to the toilets and/or bar in Leeds.

It was the same in Manchester, but I’m sure they knew that those moments were for the hardcore fans.

Did anyone care (or even notice) there wasn’t a live band?

Can’t say I gave two fucks once I realised we were basically getting an in-person megamix.

I never notice stuff like that at arena gigs. Smaller venues sure, but for me an arena gig is much more about the spectacle.

Did anyone care (or even notice) there wasn’t a live band?

Can’t say I gave two fucks once I realised we were basically getting an in-person megamix.
I didnt notice until you just said it. They inputted Sarah's vocals on a few tracks which would be extremely difficult to do with a live band so I imagine that's why they did that.

Regardless, it made no difference to the quality of the show and I definitely didnt give two fucks!

This tour absolutely did not need a live band. The songs being close to their studio versions with little deviation is part of what made it such a terrific experience.

Yeah didn't bother me with no live band, such were the arrangements needed. Same with Madge's Celebration tour

They inputted Sarah's vocals on a few tracks which would be extremely difficult to do with a live band so I imagine that's why they did that.
Hardly!

As others have said it probably just didn’t really need one.

Tonight’s show is being filmed :disco:

And I was there in the pit at the front. :disco:

It was SO much fun and my experience was entirely 10/10. I don’t think it was as good as the Ten tour, though- the budget felt a lot less and there were definitely some “interesting” vocal moments. I also thought the lack of live band meant a couple of songs didn’t sound as beefy as they could, but I entirely see why.

The atmosphere in the pit was great but so many fucking phones. Don’t get me wrong, have a pic or two (I think I took one of each outfit change and a couple of close ups) but they were LITERALLY FILMING THE SHOW THAT NIGHT, so it’s not like you ain’t going to be able to watch it back. Have a fucking dance.

There was a guy in front of me who basically burst into tears the second it started and just silently wept throughout the opening song. I don’t know if it was them or Sarah or both but it was beautiful and set me off a bit too, which surprised me. The first big Sarah bit made me well up as well.

The setlist was great and as expected.
My only two misses were the obvious lack of The Loving Kind, but agree with the consensus why re: Sarah and also cause they hate it (Nadine’s (rough) quote of “who wrote that? Duran Duran? Oh someone from the 80s. The Pet Shop Boys? We told Xenomania if they wanted to do a favour to the Pet Shop Boys they should do it on their own time, not ours” lives on :D), and I was hoping beyond hope that this was finally the time for Memory of You, but sadly not to be. I feel Graffiti My Soul wasn’t the best live, so would have gotten rid of that, but Girl Overboard and On the Metro were basically my highlights of the night, so glad they went for those, deep cut wise.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed every second. I really hope it isn’t the end. I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again- I’m still not over Girls Aloud splitting up.

Now, better go listen to that Megamix…

Last edited:
Going tonight! :disco: I've mostly avoided spoilers bar catching the odd tweet here and there and I never saw them first time round so this will be such a TREAT.

Also new claim to fame: Kimberley's sister lives round the corner from me apparently!

I also thought that...

...the biggest reaction of the night was for Something New, which surprised me, as I figured it hadn't QUITE been the hit they wanted it to be at the time and I presumed it would be slightly forgotten by the casuals, but it went OFF. Maybe something about it being quite a pleasing song live/ crowd wise.

I also thought that...

...the biggest reaction of the night was for Something New, which surprised me, as I figured it hadn't QUITE been the hit they wanted it to be at the time and I presumed it would be slightly forgotten by the casuals, but it went OFF. Maybe something about it being quite a pleasing song live/ crowd wise.
As someone who's never been a MEGA fan, I'd kind of got the impression that it has lived on with the casuals disproportionately to how much of a hit it was, so that sort of confirms it.

As someone who's never been a MEGA fan, I'd kind of got the impression that it has lived on with the casuals disproportionately to how much of a hit it was, so that sort of confirms it.

I also just watched back (or sped through) a YouTube video someone has posted of the entire concert the night before mine and it seemed to get the biggest cheer when it started.

To echo Tisch, yay that we are there tonight!

girls aloud gif warning GIF

I agree on both points about Graffiti My Soul not working that well live and also how pumped everyone got for Something New. It's a perfect live song though so not surprising it brought the house down.

I agree on both points about Graffiti My Soul not working that well live and also how pumped everyone got for Something New. It's a perfect live song though so not surprising it brought the house down.

Are we abandoning spoilers now?

To be fair, Something New also occupies that sweet spot where you’ve had the intro, then the “get on your feet” moment and it’s all “LET’S FUCKING HAVE THIS!”

Absolutely loved the show. The setlist was relentless and it felt very celebratory.

Nicola Roberts remains determined to not sing in the way decreed by Brian Higgins. There was one bit near the end when she and Nadine were together at the front and had a lovely little vocal powerhouse duel moment.

I saw this on Sunday and had a right old good time.

I don't know why I wasn't much of a fan when they were first around until late on in their run, but I so am now. The setlist was just wall to wall hits and they absolutely delivered their performances in spades. It was just non-stop fun.

It's taken me a while to post my thoughts because this show genuinely affected me! Sarah's missing presence is dealt with so beautifully and it was devastating, it's really stayed with me in the days following the show. I just kept wondering, how can she not be there?

The show itself was phenomenal. I loved everything - it was exciting, they sounded great and it was visually perfect.

I've never been huge on Sexy! No No No... or No Good Advice but I thought they really popped. I've become obsessed with Untouchable too ever since. What an amazing song it is. But the line that's haunted me is Here I am, walking primrose, wondering when I'm gonna see you again...

I’m the same on Sexy! No No No…

Always regarded it as one of their weaker moments but my God it absolutely slapped in this context. It was the one I found myself humming for days after.

So Liverpool was the last date last night?

Its been bloody immense and an amazing show

They have Brighton Pride booked but I hope they do something else SOON.

Surely the success and response to the tour means something else is coming? I would love new music but my fear is it wouldn’t live up to their almost flawless discography.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom