Euro 2024

Hearing the England fans come alive after that second goal was actually quite nice. First time since the start this has felt like an exciting, international competition.

Bring back the Golden Goal rule :evil:

The most frustrating thing is that people are just going to focus on the win and not the fact we were ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT for 94 minutes.

I'm not so sure. I think the commentary will rightly focus on the fact that it shouldn't take 94 minutes to get that kind of quality.

Pickford looks like he could burst a blood vessel any moment.
Ickford is genuinely horrible. what a huge opinion he has of himself.

anyway yes England were crap for 90 minutes but to be honest Slovakia also completely switched off after 45 and you knew they didn't have a second goal in them. I don't feel bad for them. it was almost like England were playing themselves for the duration of the second half. the only blocker to us winning was us being shit enough not to score. but we did, and we march on to be absolutely destroyed by Switzerland :disco:

Wait, I just found out it's Spain-Germany in the quarter finals. How come? They should meet in the semi finals at least. Oh dear

D6iqQdiUIAIGIuk.jpg

Wait, I just found out it's Spain-Germany in the quarter finals. How come? They should meet in the semi finals at least. Oh dear

D6iqQdiUIAIGIuk.jpg
that's wild indeed. my current prediction is Spain meet one of Austria/Switzerland in the final. but if Germany beat Spain I think they'll then beat France and it'll be Germany vs Switzerland, probably, which would be very tasty.

I’m sensing it’s going to be Spain v Austria in the final.

peak of 18.4m on itv last night says this book of stats entry is a little off

That's utterly astonishing! Does ANYTHING get that high these days? I thought we lived in a time where no one watched live, even event tv.

I do think a lot of people are ambivalent, though. I've seen few flags on cars and in windows this year and (yes, very Book of Stats) a lot of friends didn't bother with the group stage when we'd normally be up the pub from the start.

I do think a lot of people are ambivalent, though. I've seen few flags on cars and in windows this year and (yes, very Book of Stats) a lot of friends didn't bother with the group stage when we'd normally be up the pub from the start.

I suspect this also exposes just how much people's habits have changed post-Covid/cost of living.

A lot of the supermarkets were pushing "match day deals" on alcohol and snacks. I'm not sure people feel paying premium prices in a bar just to experience the atmosphere is worth it anymore.

the QF is on a Saturday night and if we advance beyond that everywhere will naturally be rammed. but I guess that's a good point about not bothering to go out for this knockout round game after our group stage embarassements :eyes:

I had the Denmark game on record because i was travelling back from work, hoping to avoid spoilers, only to hear the cheers from a pub a mile away when i got back home. So they're definitely still supporting somewhere.

Annoyingly, i'll miss the quarters because i'm at a wedding, then for the Semis i'll be in Germany. But not near the football. And with people who don't watch football. Maybe i'll go find a pub on my own.

ever since that total stinker of a game in France v Belgium, everything has been SO MUCH FUN! Portugal v Slovenia was a bit of a classic, definitely the best 0-0 that went to extra time and pens I can remember. so much drama.

Netherlands turned it the fuck up earlier, and this Turkey Austria game is pretty fire too. I expect more goals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom