Euro 2024

Aside from the results being in a different order and a different three teams being slightly worse than us, this is identical to our group in the 1990 World Cup. And that worked out OK.

I think a Euro 2016 result is more likely this time around! A win and two draws in the group stage, then out in the second round.

Wait so we’d play Slovakia instead of the Netherlands if Georgia win?!

A loss to Slovakia is exactly what the election needs. Preferably with bad weather next week and Sunak punching a nurse.

Last edited:
wow Georgia were sensational.

it's even more embarassing how England are performing when you look at sides with a tenth of the financial resources and one or no star players and see how hungry they are for it. just goes to reinforce that it's all coaching and tactics. Georgia and Austria are super well coached and have put in some of the best performances of the whole tournament so far. poor Georgia drawing Spain though :(

dreadful group. I feel sorry for Ukraine going out with 4 points, but Belgium getting this draw and managing only the same is absolutely tragic. why are so many of the big countries sleepwalking through this competition! you have De Bruyne and Lukaku! kindly get a GRIP!

Group E would have looked very different if Lukaku hadn’t had all THREE of his goals ruled out! It’s terrible luck on his part. :D

Italy weren't at the races. it didn't even feel like Switzerland were playing in top gear. we should be very worried if we do get past Slovakia...

the only change Southgate has made for today's game is bringing in Mainoo for Gallagher. still no start for Palmer. how can he be so fucking conservative? there's no way Kane or Bellingham deserve their starts today.

DO SOMETHING!!!

This is already a bit scrappy at both ends, which bodes well for it not to be deathly dull, at least.

This feels more like a pre-Southgate England performance, i.e., all over the place and completely unpredictable.

(I'm quite enjoying it)

Not that it’s an excuse for how shit we are, but the ref has been dreadful.

Did Pickford just run out of the goal and tell the defenders to kick the ball up the pitch?! Because I did wonder why they were just kicking it about between the three of them :D

Rishi Sunak, mid May: "I mean, by that time England will be in the quarter finals and the national mood will be amazing, it'll really boost us!"

Rishi Sunak, 30th June, 17:30 GMT: "oh shit".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom