Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe

The slow burn of Chappell Roan is amazing, isn't it?

Good Luck Babe holds at #16, Hot To Go a new peak at #46, and Red Wine Supernova a new peak of #51.

And the album a new peak of #15

68 - 54 - 56 - 50 - 47 - 44 - 33 - 23 - 15

That's quite an album chart run in the current climate, isn't it? Even more so for an album that she is already moving on from. Although Sabrina Carpenter is also doing it lower down the chart with Emails I Can't Send, propelled by two much bigger hits.

It’s my favourite thing to track

Constantly creeping up on all the global Spotify charts ever day

So good to see... I'm surprised Pink Pony Club, My Kink Is Karma and Femininomenon aren't the cherry picked tracks of choice from the album though. Hot to Go does not quite do it for me.

Red Wine Supernova is the one for me, followed by After Midnight and then probably Good Luck, Babe!

So good to see... I'm surprised Pink Pony Club, My Kink Is Karma and Femininomenon aren't the cherry picked tracks of choice from the album though. Hot to Go does not quite do it for me.

People like Hot To Go because of the silly little dance - which in turn gives it a boost on TikTok.

How long is it since we had an artist this strange / interesting hit the mainstream? The interview is reminding me of early Gaga with fewer pretensions.

Last edited:
The single needs to be in the top ten next week too.

Not to single anyone out and I do like the song but Dasha has been hanging round forever and probably should clear out.

:D at her totally ignoring the “what do you think about Sabrina Carpenter?” part of that question.

I've done Charli today, I'm softly resisting Sabrina because I didn't care for Espresso. This is next on my list.

I'm not bothering with Sabrina until she releases another album.

This, Florrie and Billie Eilish are very much my three albums of the moment.

Oh yes Billie was fantastic.

Just listening to this now and I'm liking it a lot.

I always forget Pride Month is now the time hot girl bops explode.

Every few months or so I listen to the 'UK Top 50' on Spotify to maintain some semblance of a connection with current trends (an activity that mostly works out to the detriment of my ears). Last time I did so, I clocked this and thought it pure pop bliss - the best thing on the playlist by a mile. It was in the lower reaches of the chart when I first heard it so how delightful to see it becoming a legit hit! I know nothing about her and didn't realise there was an album but reading the comments above has made me want to investigate further.

(I still find the outro very jarring, mind, but it's growing on me.)

So far, 2024 has been a sensational year for women in pop/pop-adjacent.

Chappell feels destined to be stadium-big (in the US) next year. Plus the Fallon interview is already iconic.

I does feel like we’re in the beginning of a POP RENAISSANCE, it feels like we haven’t had any new STARS for a decade.

I does feel like we’re in the beginning of a POP RENAISSANCE, it feels like we haven’t had any new STARS for a decade.

It's a good mixture of big names delivering great albums + bangers (Ariana), nishe names breaking through a decade into their careers (Sabrina, Charli) and someone like Chappell soaring months after her debut album - into it :disco:

It's a good mixture of big names delivering great albums + bangers (Ariana), nishe names breaking through a decade into their careers (Sabrina, Charli) and someone like Chappell soaring months after her debut album - into it :disco:
But most importantly, a DEAD WOMAN is going to serve us ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Also, Pink Pony Club (live) >>>>> Pink Pony Club on record.

SING IT :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom