Will Biden and Trump be on the ballot in November?

Will Biden and Trump be on the ballot in November?

• Only Biden will

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither will

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ZenGiraffe

Who is SHE though?
Pronouns
He/Him
Given Biden's disastrous debate performance that will only magnify the criticisms of his age and faculties, and Trump's convictions, upcoming sentencing and further trials, will these two actually be the candidates come November?

The party conventions are the last realistic time to make any changes, with Trump's sentencing happening the day before the republican one.

Will the US parties SEE SENSE and make the changes required, or are these old men going to make it (death permitting)?

We're seeing how badly the basic systems fail the people because this does tie into the UK's FPTP system and how it fails the county. The US have Biden and Trump ,both totally unfit to lead but, in a de facto two party system, one of them will be President. They're clearly both in some stage of dementia and yet where's the choice; neither of whom will be able to recognise their own dick by 2026 but will be deciding whether or not to nuke North Korea.

I really don’t think the Democrats will allow Biden to stand come November after this debate. I do wonder if the reason why they did the debate so early is so that they have time to change their nominee. I do think that if Biden does stand, then Trump is winning. Despite being a criminal. That trumps being able to even finish a sentence.

We're seeing how badly the basic systems fail the people because this does tie into the UK's FPTP system and how it fails the county. The US have Biden and Trump ,both totally unfit to lead but, in a de facto two party system, one of them will be President. They're clearly both in some stage of dementia and yet where's the choice; neither of whom will be able to recognise their own dick by 2026 but will be deciding whether or not to nuke North Korea.
Christ, you can tell I was trying to do two things at once when I typed this - it's almost as coherent as Biden...

They have another problem with the optics of passing over Kamala Harris. Her ratings are worse than Biden's so she'd be a very risky call as a replacement, but passing her over would equally run the risk of alienating the black vote.

are black voters on the whole particularly passionate about Kamala? I thought almost everyone viewed her as a *shrug*

she would never stand any kind of shot so there really can't be a question of choosing her.

It's more internal power brokers like the Congressional Black Caucus that are likely to really kick up a fuss if Kamala is basically just cut out. I'd be surprised if there was absolutely no further sense of alienation that spread out to black voters after an outcry from most black political representatives.

She has a big base among black women voters, who are a crucial demographic, but her numbers are abysmal beyond that.

this is all so depressing. We will end up with Trump won't we? I shudder to think what will happen once he's in power again. It's not even funny anymore

Our only hope re: Trump is that he dies. Literally. He will be unstoppable until death.

I went for my stock answer of "nothing happens" which has often served me well, but US establishment media talking so publicly about getting rid of him makes me wonder if a stern phone call from Obama is coming.

Maybe Biden will pledge to only serve half a term if he wins? The idea of him being president aged 85 four years from now is insane (and cruel!)

I genuinely wondered watching last night's debates if he was a safe bet to still be alive in November, let alone four and a half years from now.

It's a tragedy of his own making. Had he served a single term and stepped aside in time for somebody viable to go into this election, I suspect history would have been very kind to him. (Though admittedly less so post-October 7th)

If the Democrats have any sense they'll replace Biden. He's become altogether an unviable candidate. By default this is a huge victory for Republicans, even if Trump just rambled all debate.

I can't see the California lot being that palatable for voters, when the entire state is in awful shape.

Whitmer would be a good choice though. Would've been great if she was Biden's VP instead of poxy old Harris.

He put in a better performance at a rally today by most accounts, but you’ve got to think the damage is probably done.

I really thought it was over but for some reason I thought the DNC had already happened; it’s the perfect opportunity to his reset and get Newsom
In with some fresh momentum. I feel like there’s a ton of interest in preventing a Trump victory, as well as a lot of undecideds who could be convinced to not vote Trump if they had a viable candidate

They have to replace him. But I don’t think they will. The democrats are gonna democrat and play kum by yah all the way to November, and hand Trump the White House.

I am not visiting America until 2028.

1719614858390.png

Sadly the Democrats won’t do anything with Biden because they are assured he will win regardless and, if he does in office, we get Harris which gives Dems the ability to pat themselves of the back that they got the first Black Female president. Democrats have no backbone and refuse to play dirty unlike the Republicans which puts Trump at full advantage after this “debate”.

While I hope for the best I feel we are getting Trump again for four (or more) years. I think if he gets power again he’s going to make sure he’s in for the rest of his life.

Why do the Democrats NOT FUCKING RETIRE even when it's at the expense of the country? You'd think Biden might learn from that daft dead cow Bader-Ginsberg on this one.

It's all so alien to me when I'd happily retire tomorrow, 30 years early. Let alone when I'm probs in my final decade, 20 years past retirement age, and the fate of liberal power is resting on it. PISS OFF

to be fair driving a car is quite dangerous. you could kill somebody just by closing your eyes for thirty seconds. to run a country all you need to be able to do is put NATO on loudspeaker, keep edging your vice pres/PM and your public, and look happy being photographed with the well coiffured European woman who really runs shit at a summit every six months. autonomous technology is in fact more advanced in the context of presidency than driving, so I'm not sure being a good driver should be a prerequisite.

Why do the Democrats NOT FUCKING RETIRE even when it's at the expense of the country? You'd think Biden might learn from that daft dead cow Bader-Ginsberg on this one.

It's all so alien to me when I'd happily retire tomorrow, 30 years early. Let alone when I'm probs in my final decade, 20 years past retirement age, and the fate of liberal power is resting on it. PISS OFF
Because old Republicans don’t retire either and Democrats drop the ball so much they stay scared of losing seats of power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom