we need to talk about FASHION

Here is Balenciaga. Demna is dreadful as always. I wish he had done this all under his own label. Still would've been successful without subjecting a prestige fashion house to it. Some rumors that he will depart soon. He's was definitely a "phase" for Balenciaga. I don't think he ultimately added anything of substance to the house.

His time is definitely up, but after the mess Kering have made at Gucci and McQueen, I think they’ll be reluctant to let him go right now.

McQueen was destined to be a disappointment. It's a fashion house that was always rooted in Lee himself from the very beginning. It was never about the clientele or the branding. It was always a personal creative vehicle for his individual vision, which is why even Burton's work seemed like a shadow despite her being technically brilliant.

My guess is McQueen will have the same fate as most prestige houses. They'll hire a revolving door of decent designers who are just capable enough to regurgitate the brand's most profitable signature features season after season to keep the customer hooked; but not capable enough to stray too far or be too individual.

McQueen is an investor's wet dream right now. Its legacy has ripened. People will buy anything with the name on it.

Last edited:
I just hear the design studio is a mess, he’s vastly under qualified, they purged a lot of the experienced team, then more left. His first collection, I’ve never seen something more universally panned, his most senior position before this was at Uniqlo, the whole decision to hire him remains baffling.

Let's hope the house collapses, closes down and lies dormant for decades until a VISIONARY finds it.

Can't believe I didn't post Gaultier's collection (guest designer, of course). Probably my favorite from HC week overall.

SKIP TO 36:00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom