House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel)

just make a show about MELISANDRE doing WITCHY SHAGGING! it's not complicated

Im not familiar with the Dunk story but it’s a standalone story isn’t it, so it’ll just be a limited series I assume. Unless it’s just source material and they’re expanding it into something bigger.

They really need to make better use of the source material and get better writers. There is so much there they don’t really have any excuse. Either make something and let it develop organically or just let it go and stop edging the fans.

let GRRM write a story for a show. it's not like he's busy WRITING BOOKS!

I saw that evil evil Benioff and Weiss have a new show on Netflix and I hope NOBODY WATCHES IT

I saw that evil evil Benioff and Weiss have a new show on Netflix and I hope NOBODY WATCHES IT

According to The Rest Is Entertainment podcast it is the most expensive TV show Netflix have produced, and on that basis is apparently underperforming.

Not sure if it’s been posted anywhere but the Dorne prequel that was part of the original 4 spin off ideas and was dropped early on, is back on and a pilot is being prepped

I still find the theme music mildly thrilling and the new title sequence is an improvement.

It all felt quite sombre for the most part, but not too slow moving... of course a rather grim ending.

Have to admit it was a bit of a 'oh... HER' moment when the White Worm turned up. Hopefully she won't feature too heavily, I don't think that character was too successful last season.

I'm very much looking forward to it but I'm letting the episodes build up a little. Also, because I need to resubscribe to NOWTV.

I spent too much time trying to work out which character was which and what all their names were... I completely missed that

the kid that was murdered was the little brat from the small council meeting.

Apparently it's a very significant scene from the original book, but it was all a bit underwhelming.

I suspect that there may not be a whole lot of laughs in this series.

I suspect that there may not be a whole lot of laughs in this series.

I listened to an interview with Matt Smith and Fabien Frankel yesterday and they said a couple of actors join who lighten the tone a bit. They seemed to feel it has more humour than the first season (I agree you wouldn't really have thought that from this week's offering).

I thought it was a good opener, I did have to stop halfway through and re-fresh myself on the family tree, maybe the ending would’ve been more effective had we been given more time to remember who the fuck everyone was.

I thought it was a good opener. However the family is confusing even by GoT standards. I mean two characters with almost similar names Aemond and Aaegon, then there are other characters in the ASOFAI world that share those names :eyes:

Well there certainly was a lot of talking wasn't there!

I zoned out for a good 35 mins

I watched a few recaps of Season One and God it really was insanely convoluted. :D

Was it really necessary to the wider plot to include Deamon's second wife who self-immolates during childbirth, for example?

The new episode was fine. I gather the end scene was a lot more impactful in the book. Not that I especially want to watch a little kid get butchered onscreen, but it didn't really register much for a moment people were comparing to the red wedding.

After the :MilesPanic: final season of GoT I’m glad they’ve returned to a slower pace. We all know what it’s BUILDING UP TO, heaven forbid they provide context as to why this family is about to tear themselves apart!

I really enjoyed the Rhaenyra-Daemon confrontation and Otto kicking off and getting dumped (though for someone even more dreadful).

I even thought Mysaria was sort of interesting this episode.

INSIDER CHATTER suggests that episodes 3 and especially 4 are amazing

But that could be bias speaking. Don’t blame me.

How can you complain about nothing happening 2 episides in, also 3 characters are already dead.

Well I think this show is magnificent. It lacks the humour and heart of GOT but is more than making up for it with ACTING and WRITING.

Episode 1 remains the best so far but some of the exchanges in this episode were SO GOOD.

I haven't watched the third episode yet but not feeling the same love i felt in the first season. I think i'm just missing King Viserys :(

Don't know how anyone is going to complain about this 8 episode series being a slow build. Nobody has patience anymore.

Casuals have moved on but there's still a very sizeable dedicated SOIAF fanbase to keep this going.

I do think the next spinoff choice is a mistake though, it's another story nestled between this and GOT. More Targaryens. They have an EXPANSIVE universe and should have created something with a complete tangent.

I think the mistake/dissonance between this and what makes GoT (TV and books) great is that there were 5 different plots or 'worlds' going on at any one time that have their own stakes and dynamics. Here we just have this Season 3/4 Lannister size family soap opera drama taking up the whole show and nothing else.

GoT had plenty of slow burn episodes, and while I do see that the focus is much tighter with HotD, this most recent episode felt more GoT-esque with the various locations and characters starting to scatter.

Loved the Daemon at Harrenhal stuff, and Freddie Fox gives great jumped up tit (see Slow Horses) so hope he sticks around for a bit to liven up the Criston Cole scenes.

Rhaenyra's Sister Act shenanigans were ludicrous, but I enjoyed seeing her once more with Alicent before she (surely) finally gives up on peaceful means.

Still haunted by the crow feasting on the rat catcher and the very full on faux job :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom