Glastonbury 2024

Oh, there's half-an-hour before she's on...I'll watch an episode of QI, since I'm on the iPlayer...

Janelle Monae is fucking sensational. The best live act I’ve seen on this festival so far

Quite a thin crowd for Kim Gordon. I like the energy of her young group - serious 'get fucked' vibes.
it was empty 15 mins before she started as people left after Alvvays to watch the Euros on the big screen or to get across to Lavigne so it’s good that a decent number filtered back in.

The fact that one of One Direction is now visibly greying just sent a chill to the very pits of my soul. 💀

Oh Shania didn't sound good but she has been singing for a few nights on the trot and was being assaulted by freezing rain here in Belfast on Thursday.

I didn’t bother watching Janelle because I didn’t like her last album (very dancehall and afrobeats, not for me).

Did she do a lot of her older stuff?

I was lucky enough to see her live during the previous tour - she really is a phenomenal live act.

I didn’t bother watching Janelle because I didn’t like her last album (very dancehall and afrobeats, not for me).

Did she do a lot of her older stuff?

I was lucky enough to see her live during the previous tour - she really is a phenomenal live act.

Set lists from Glastonbury and the one I got yesterday:

IMG_4567.jpeg

IMG_4568.jpeg

OK, I k ow I’m out of the loop and have no idea about SZA, but opening your Glastonbury set with such obvious autotune isn’t a good look.

They really set her up booking her as a headliner. Was nobody else available? What an anticlimax to close the festival.

I am admittedly a geriatric milennial, but SZA feels like such a weird act to close with. I know she’s very popular and I like Kill Bill, but does she really have the mass appeal for such a prestigious slot?

They really set her up booking her as a headliner. Was nobody else available? What an anticlimax to close the festival.
When you’ve announced two female headliners on the assumption that at least one of Taylor, Madonna, Beyoncé or Rihanna will say yes…

Jesus, imagine if Rihanna had said yes. That would have been epic. Yeah, I know SZA is popular with young people, but this was the opportunity to showcase it and impress for more generations. And such a hyped intro too. Fail.

I’m enjoying my Sunday Night headliner watching, but that’s because I’m watching The National on the Other Stage.

It feels like a disservice to her as much as anything- she could have done really well with an earlier slot, but she’s been placed in the slot that Elton John took last year. How the hell is she supposed to live up to that?

I feel a bit sorry for her because it’s great to see an rnb act and black female headlining but it’s the wrong slot for her you need those recognisable bangers to close things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom