Post Malone - I Had Some Help + Pour Me a Drink (feat. country bumpkins)

POP!

Let the light in

Massive Spotify debut. Has Morgan ever cracked the UK top ten before? I fear this is going to be #1 for 12 weeks.

Spotify (day 1)
#1 Global — 13,949,573
#1 US — 7,878,402
#1 UK — 1,119,709
#1 Canada — 1,518,897
#1 Australia — 746,849
#1 Ireland — 159,132
#1 Norway — 246,332
#2 Sweden — 281,059
#3 Denmark — 107,804
#16 Germany — 318,024

I really want to HATE this song but it’s so good :oi:

Morgan might have been “cancelled” here in the States but it only made him more popular. Add Post to this and it’s probably going to be a Juggernaut on the Billboard chart.

As expected, both versions in the Top 5 on iTunes combined chart AND Top 3 on iTunes Country
IMG_7917.jpeg
IMG_7916.jpeg

I've never bothered with most of the pop country genre, but I like this. Now that I'm a citizen I suppose I should be PAYING ATTENTION.

Has Morgan ever cracked the UK top ten before?

He barely scraped top 30 with "Last Night" and that's been his only hit here.

The UK have never really bought into most of the big US male country stars, and I'd be happy for that to largely continue. But it feels like the next inevitable step for us, now that we've started embracing Americana folk via Noah Kahan and Zach Bryan.

If we really must have the inevitable 3-month #1 from someone like Wallen, it might as well be this rather than his own tosh.

I like "I Had Some Help" beyond all good reason (but am partial to a bit of Post Malone anyway tbh), but that new one is just a painfully tired rehash of country clichés, no? And surely superfluous in a world that has given us SHABOOZEY (sp?)!

Another collab, this time with Blake Shelton.

I’ve grown to love this BUT it is basic ass country 101

That said, I think that’s the direction he’s taking this album and it seems to be doing well for him. It was hell getting tickets this morning.

The only other act that it was this hard to get tickets for was Lana when she came to my area and I never got to get those tickets.
IMG_8355.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom