MUNA - One That Got Away

The latter, but they're definitely getting bigger with the gays.

3-4 years until the straights catch up (if at all)

It is quite quick but excellent news. Being dropped by RCA definitely turned out to be a blessing.

I'm a relative newcomer - I only got the self-titled album a few months ago. What else is out there? I believe their first album is super rare?

Reactions: dUb
I'm a relative newcomer - I only got the self-titled album a few months ago. What else is out there? I believe their first album is super rare?
So self-titled is their third album. Some people like Jark prefer the debut About U, and others like me (and seemingly the band themselves :eyes:) prefer the second one Saves The World. Both great in their own way.

They also have some lovely covers of Normani’s Motivation and Britney’s Sometimes

Ah, so it's Saves The World that's megarare - one vinyl pressing only 😳. Cheers dUb, I shall investigate!

it's only not the best cover in the world because their rendition of Motivation ALREADY HOLDS THAT TITLE!

HA! WHAT! PLAY!

So self-titled is their third album. Some people like Jark prefer the debut About U, and others like me (and seemingly the band themselves :eyes:) prefer the second one Saves The World
this is a generous way of saying the debut is wildly popular and the second album a little less so :eyes:

it's true they seem cold on the debut though. I wonder if it's too emotional for them to play live so often. Saves the World is a much more optimistic record thematically. the way I see it, About U is the trauma, Saves the World is the therapy.

Reactions: LTZ
this is a generous way of saying the debut is wildly popular and the second album a little less so :eyes:

it's true they seem cold on the debut though. I wonder if it's too emotional for them to play live so often. Saves the World is a much more optimistic record thematically. the way I see it, About U is the trauma, Saves the World is the therapy.
I loved the début but have not been able to get into anything since sadly

I really like this, it’s not as poppy as What I Want but it’s as hooky.

Thematically here for it in my life rn also so yes, pleasing.

Random couple of UK dates sandwiched in-between festivals in August (O2 Academy Oxford and Liverpool)

Yes please!

Haven’t watched yet but it’s clearly going to be incredible

Any word on any NEW MATERIAL from this lot? Miss them x x x

cc @Jark

I haven't heard anything recently but sure they'll give us something this year... they don't usually take more than 2-3 years between projects

I also miss them. need a big emotional/euphoric banger soon!

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom