Lana Del Rey - Ride

I just ride

• Total voters

Loufoque

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE
Officially my favourite song of all-time

I was always an unusual girl

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Py_-3di1yx0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am fucking crazy
But I am free

I briefly lived for National Anthem during my tumultuous early 2012, but Ride is the song/video that I have loved more than any other. The strings in the final minute are something else. The video's epilogue just captivates me every single time.

I just feel like this song encapsulates every feeling a queen may ever have had.

Yeah, it's a flawless masterpiece. I don't know how she could better it, really.

The monologue makes me want her to write a novel (about her cheap thrills). It's perfect :disco:

I love it as well, although nothing she's done comes close to Video Games for me.

Last edited:
Definitely a toss-up between this and National Anthem for her best work to date. Those swirling strings during that middle eight really get me all of a quiver.

The song itself is perfection but the video just elevates it to her magnum opus

Sorry loves, I'm breaking the run. It's good but it's not flawless and it's nowhere near my favourite songs by her at all...

I had to watch the video again. Such a masterpiece, the song and video put together. It's not my favourite Lana track or video (hello Born To Die!:disco:!) but it's a solid 10/10.

Sometimes with this one I enter the "I can't even" territory. Too much for me and the emotions and feelings just take over me.. Oh. :(

I don't even know what to say, Shee :(

The greatest song/video of this decade so far.

I remember being a little cold towards this for a while to start with, then one k induced haze it hit me and it's now in my Lana top 3. Probably forever more <3

i love it too, though as a few others have said it's not quite overtaken video games for me.

Everything about it so fucking captivating and spine-tingling, especially this bit:

I'm tired of feeling like I'm fucking crazy
I'm tired of driving till I see stars in my eyes
It's all I've got to keep myself sane
So I just ride, I just riiiiiiiiiiiide

It's so fragile and vulnerable yet strong, if that make sense. Which is all I want in my female pop stars.

It's a shame that it's destined to be forgotten by most and it truly is one of the greatest female pop song/video combos in a long, long time. Most definitely a 10/10.

Absolute heaven in musical form. How did this skim in at #32 in the UK charts? Mind it's one of those that has grown over a couple of years. Not quite sure what it's about though, despite having just read the lyrics.

Sorry loves, I'm breaking the run. It's good but it's not flawless and it's nowhere near my favourite songs by her at all...

Same here really. I only recently started listening to Lana and was rather disappointed with this one as I had only good things about it. It's fine and all but something is missing and it's nowhere as good as Dark Paradise (for instance)..

The combination of video and song never fails to move me to tears. Fucking beautiful on many levels. So obviously 10. 10 million

I have never watched the video. I think I'll have a Lana video hour when I come back from the gym. I've only seen Born to Die.

You were right, Su! They're fabulous and I'm in love with her now. :disco:

I've been having a "war in my mind" re: relationships/the direction of my life in general lately and this song is really speaking to me more than ever

Everything about it is flawless and when you factor in the video this must be up there with the very best singles of the past 5 years... or ever.

I'm listening to this every day right now.

A weariness with being at war with my own body chemistry and feeling like I'm fucking crazy is likely to blame.

I have a particularly messy acquaintance who deigned to play the monologue on repeat when we were at his house preparing to go out and get wasted, because it was "basically (his) life". It's somehow more glamorous coming from a Nabokov-inspired starlet than an orange gay with star tattoos and an overactive Squirt profile :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom