Geri Halliwell - Ride It

Ride it?

• Total voters
Pronouns
He/Him
I was half asleep yesterday and this came up on Spotify. Being a huge supporter of THE ARTS, I realised I'd not revisited the career of Geri for quite some time and this baiting nonsense really did it for me. Heard while half comatose, truly a ringing endorsement.

Last edited:
Its SUNSHINE was dimmed by my best friend taking it on a BURNT CD to Gran Canaria and playing it so much on repeat I took a KNIFE to it to shut it up, but I've rediscovered it in recent years.

I also don't hate DESIRE as much as I thought I used to as well :disco:

just for laughs woman GIF

It’s catchy. But fuck me its cheap, tacky and nasty.

And whilst I loved her at the time and didn’t mind, the fact she literally CANNOT sing (like, at ALL) makes it hard for me to listen to anything these days bar a couple.

Love Never Loved Me OUTSOLD (in my heart).

Vicky the Vole voting this low, but considers Baby Come Back A NINETIES DANCE CLASSIC

The cover US Spotify uses for this album makes her look like a GOOD CHRISTIAN and/or Faith Hill
Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 7.42.21 AM.png

As for the songs

10 Love Never Loved Me
09 Ride It
08 Desire

I love our Geri, but (even more so than solo album #2) this is such a step down from her Look At Me to Bag It Up imperial era. The same goes for the visuals too. The magic had gone.

The best part about this campaign was the accompanying There's Something About Geri doc. It's been a decade since I watched but highlights include the Top Gear meltdown, and her stepfather not coming to her G-A-Y performance because last time he went to the toilet and there were men doing all sorts to each other in there :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom