Faith Hill - This Kiss

Clearly a ten

• Total voters
I do love it but Faith is a little bit behind some of her big voiced country pop diva contemporaries for me.

I would recommend this if you need a palate cleanser after the Cilla Black version:

This came on today and I’m sorry but what a middle 8

you’ve got me flying…

I saw her name in one of those lists, top 20 biggest grossing female touring acts or something the other day, and it got me thinking, what happened to FAITH HILL? She had some country and remix BOPS.

Last edited:
She pissed off the country fans by going full Celine with the Cry album and then sort of retreated I think. She seems like somebody who doesn't really make music for the love of it, so once she stopped selling I think she stopped bothering.

This guy is a bit annoying straight guy vibes but it's quite interesting to hear a fairly in-depth perspective on a forgotten Faith Hill record from a muso. :D

I don't think she did anything Shania and LeAnn rimes didn't in terms of country/pop cross over?!

With the streaming era, could totally see one of her tracks 'coming back' randomly one of these days if used in something. The Pearl Harbour track doesn't have X Factor promoting it these days :D

I loved Cry! :D

She attempted to backtrack and came back with "Fireflies" which was her big return to country but it seemed a little bit overkill (and her bragging about going to Hollywood when her only credit is a bit part in the Stepford Wives remake :disco: )

She then did a Xmas album but since then all we've had is a couple of aborted singles and a duets album with Tim McGraw.

She seemed like she got more of a backlash for it though. Could have just been a timing thing, or the fact that her transition to full pop wasn't particularly successful, so it was easier to dunk on her.

She never seemed particularly fond of the music business and I think she’s happier just being a Mom and touring with Tim. I think she could do a “comeback” album but it seems kinda hard for the women of that era to regain popularity via music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom