Céline Dion - I'm Alive

when you BLESS the DAY...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jark

User
the second single and biggest European hit from A New Day Has Come - recently reworked by Majestic (new UK peak of 54 this week)

Céline's original peaked at 17 here, but made top 5/10 in France, Germany etc. lately I've been really enjoying it - like her other big english singles from this era it's got a relaxed, vaguely new-agey feel that I quite fuck with.

where does it stand among her best work?

I'm Alive would be somewhat "meh" in the hands of most other singers (cause melodically and in terms of production it ain't "That's The Way it Is" or "A New Day Has Come") but it's a good canvas for Queen C's vocals and her little flourishes, especially middle 8 and key-change onward. :disco:

EIGHT.

I remember being surprised this wasn't bigger in the UK at the time, but really the production isn't powerful enough to make this the epic anthem it wanted to be.

With the movie tie-in, I'm not surprised this has endured more than A New Day Has Come, but I greatly prefer the latter.

That video is so quintessentially 2002. :D Why is she inside a plane?

Anyway it's essentially a blander version of That's The Way It Is, and not a patch on A New Day Has Come, but still quite nice and I'm always happy for a random Celine revival moment.

Obsessed with the egregious level of editing-in-post they inflicted on her in that video. She looks like a painting of herself on a fairground ride brought to life.

The definitive remains, of course, the live version with the 'And so are you' adlib particularly in the context of the 'Céline Dion is awesome' YouTube remix.

Well that's more fabulous

Although there are few songs that HoG wouldn't elevate.

I'm a big fan of this deep cut from the A New Day Has Come album. It's basically a Sanna Nielsen song that somehow ended up in Celine's hands. :D

I'm a big fan of this deep cut from the A New Day Has Come album. It's basically a Sanna Nielsen song that somehow ended up in Celine's hands. :D

Bizarrely remixed to a more heterosexual version for the follow up album. GAY WRONGS.

• Wow
Reactions: VoR
Yeah it’s good. Never really went back to it, but the Majestic version is a great update to hit the spot and highlights the original as being better than I thought at the time.

I love it and find it quite soothing.

The title song from the album is definitely stronger though - what an incredible track.

song about feeling liberated and grateful for life. video about being trapped inside the many thousands of mechanical cogs of a young boy's remote controlled plane as he terrorises nuns in Central Park. :disco:

hold on, I do remember this mashup being played on the radio quite a bit, didn't realize it was official.

OK so how come I have never heard this BUSSY BOP mix before???
:disco:

The title song from the album is definitely stronger though - what an incredible track.

Utterly majestic, yet also quite restrained. It sits in a similar spectrum as "Frozen" for me, not quite sonically obviously but regarding the overall approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom