Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OK so as a big Eurodance fan, how was I not aware of this song even EXISTING until recently* :D

Essentially a re-write of Real McCoy's Another Night, this went top 30 in the States, and was bigger than it's chart position suggests as the internet tells me it hung around for ages.

Bizarrely didn't even vaguely trouble the charts in the UK despite a striking video and it seemingly being a READY MADE HIT.

Along with this, Captain Hollywood Project's 'More And More' and Ice MC's 'Think About The Way' I KEEP DISCOVERING eurodance smashes that were oddly overlooked in the UK. Are there any MORE out there?

*Even more bizarre is that I'm WELL AWARE of Amber due to Sexual, Stars On 54 and multiple number ones on the made up US dance chart :D

This definitely rings a bell with me. That’s maybe because it sounds like something else or it was one of the many Eurodance jams that were cluttering up the radio at the time.

It’s obviously AMAZING.

It's another of those at the time songs that got coverage (e.g. I remember song lyrics in TV Hits, it getting played once or twice at the local swimming pool(!) etc), but was never actually a HIT.

Fab song, but it's all about the Stars on 54 cover for me.

I don't know as much about US hits, but obviously there's plenty of Scandi/German stuff that never made it to the UK.

I've been a little obsessed with this cheap Swedish nonsense recently. The video raises a *lot* of questions :D

From Belgium, not as good as This is your night, but this was a small hit in US in 1994. Featured in the Four Weddings and a Funeral soundtrack.

Does that song even have a tune? :D

A little internet digging has revealed that a.) Amber recently randomly toured Australia with Bananarama and Tiffany despite having (tepid) success in a different decade and b.) she has let her inner Deutsch hausfrau RUN WILD :disco:

c7d14df714a2f95bb1db7a0acb0e2e7d

She obvs looks great for her age, just DIFFERENT.

I don't know as much about US hits, but obviously there's plenty of Scandi/German stuff that never made it to the UK.

I've been a little obsessed with this cheap Swedish nonsense recently. The video raises a *lot* of questions :D

This is more like it...WHAT A VIDEO :D It's like the blonde woman is in a completely different reality to the worm-like dancing gays :D

Reactions: VoR
Along with this, Captain Hollywood Project's 'More And More' and Ice MC's 'Think About The Way' I KEEP DISCOVERING eurodance smashes that were oddly overlooked in the UK. Are there any MORE out there?
Yes! Endless Eurotrash didn't trouble the UK top 10:

La Bouche - Be My Lover/ Sweet Dreams
Magic Affair - Omen III
U96 - Das Boot/ Heaven
Masterboy - Show Me Colours/ Feel the Heat of the Night
La Cream - You
Me & My - Dub-I-Dub
2 Brothers on the Floor - Dreams (Will Come Alive)

More Nordic Eurotrash

Da Buzz - Do You Really Want Me?

E-Type - This Is The Way

Drömhus - Vill ha dig

Most of their hits are a bit later than the era of Eurotrash that I feel wurst was looking for, but Da Buzz's Best Of is a surprisingly rich seam of Euro-nonsense.

Having a moment to this. It really is glorious - it's ALL KEY CHANGE.

God I haven't watched this in years. What a truly BEWILDERING video. What was the concept?

I really do feel for Amber - I think her experiences with the record label have left her so bitter (understandibly and sometimes it's hugely entertaining just how exact she is with the details). Anyway, I think she's hugely underrated.

And I love the previously mentioned U96 track Heaven, which always felt like a hit here as it was certainly on the radio on Clyde :disco:

Back to Amber - I hope she was just having a moment when signing off from ever touring again. Given her writing and how surprisingly varied her work got, it's a huge surprise she didn't find a niche writing for others in her solo down time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom