Alicia Keys - Girl on Fire

THIS GIRL IS ON FIIIIIIRRRRRREEEEEE

• Total voters

Tisch

LoooOoOOOOooooOOOOpppp

Was at the hospital today (im fine, pm me hun x) and this was BLASTED through the waiting room as they were blessing us all with Global's HEART ESSEX FM, and this is clearly still part of their 6-song rotation despite being 12 years old now!

While I do have some time for Ms. Keys, ("Here" remains magnificent) I do not like her belting, and it's especially prominent on this. It's unpleasant even with the autotune. I think this along with that awful opening line "she's just a girl, and SHE'S ON FIRE" (so profound Alicia!) and it seemingly not ever being off basic bitch radio stations has caused me to literally roll my eyes whenever it comes on. It's just ANNOYING.

Couldn't see much moopy discussion about this oeuvre so I'm curious to see others thoughts.

🔥:yeahyeahfire:🔥

I need to listen to Element of Freedom again. The way she went so BASIC after that soaring album was always such a shame to me. I feel like the former may well have aged poorly these days, but it ticked a lot of boxes back then.

STOP FUCKING HATE? Did you accidentally paste your last Google search?

It’s fine in very small doses. Fortunately I don’t really listen to daytime radio so I’m rarely exposed to it against my will.

There are so many better Alicia Keys songs though. This definitely doesn’t deserve to arguably be her signature hit.

I think I find No One much more irritating actually. But that’s probably less overplayed.

7.5. But I'm not feeling generous, so will round down.

No-One and Girl On Fire are her worst ever singles, just a shouty mess. But they are so popular!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom